*Please note most colleges and universities are NOT requiring the SAT/ ACT for admissions. This includes all schools in the California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) systems. It is recommended that you check with the admissions office of the college or university you are attending to verify their testing requirements.  If you have a specific question regarding testing for collegiate purposes, please contact your child’s counselor.

ASVAB Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery
This is a free interest inventory. This can be used by anyone interested in understanding their personal strengths and is also used by military branches for service placement. The test is offered at EHS in January of each year.

PSAT Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test
The PSAT is offered at EHS in preparation for the SAT entrance exam (see SAT below) This test is offered in the fall for juniors and in the spring for sophomores. All students are encouraged to take the test. Families are responsible for testing fees. Limited waivers may be available for students on free or reduced lunch.

SAT Scholastic Aptitude Test *The SAT will not be required for UC or CSU applications for the 22-23 school year, please contact admissions office of the college or university you are interested in attending to verify their testing requirements.
The SAT is an exam used in college admissions and is offered at EHS multiple times throughout the school year. Click the link for test dates. Families are responsible for testing fees. Students who are on free and reduced lunch may qualify for a fee waiver, see the counseling office for details.

SAT Tips and Strategies from Kahn Academy
Helpful SAT preparation tips and strategies from the Khan Academy


ACT Prep
ACT preparation from the ACT Academy.

AP Exams Advanced Placement Exams
AP Exams are given for a fee at EHS in the spring. AP exams are taken by students who are enrolled in an AP course. Studentsenrolled in an AP course will register in the fall to take the AP exam the following spring. Please see your AP teacher for details.

California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress All juniors in California take the CASSPP test. The test is given in May and includes English and math online assessments. Additionally, students take the California Science Test after completing their required two years of science. This test is used by some colleges and universities to determine math and English placement levels.

UC Analytical Writing Placement Exam
Students accepted to UC campuses may be required to take the UCAWPE. If you are accepted to a UC campus and need to take the exam, the UC school will notify you in the spring of your senior year.